cPanel’s SSL/TLS functions are handled by the SSL/TLS Manager module. This area will allow you to generate: SSL certificates, signing requests, and keys. These are all critical parts of using SSL to secure your website.
The first step in generating an SSL certificate is to create a Private Key. Start by reading the instructions in the Private Keys (KEY) section below.
Step 1: Private Keys (KEY)
- Click on the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
- When the page loads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the Generate a New Key section. Enter the domain you want to create an SSL Certificate in the Host text box or you can select the domain from the Select a Domain drop down menu. Select the key bit-length. We recommend 2048 (2048 is required for EV certificates)
- Click on the Generate button.
- Click on Return to SSL Manager.
- When the page loads, click on the Go Back link. This will take you to the main SSL/TLS Manager page.
Step 2: Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests
- When the page loads, set the following:
- Host – Select the domain name from the drop down menu.
- Country – Enter your two-digit country code.
- State – Enter your two-digit state abbreviation.
- City – Enter your city’s name.
- Company Division – Enter your company’s division.
- Email – Enter your email address.Pass Phrase – Enter any phrase you want to use for the pass phrase.
- Click on the Generate button. (You will now be e-mailed a copy of your CSR.)
Click on Go Back
Congratulations you now have a CSR and Private Key ready to use.