Twitter definitely was the chosen medium for brands to interact with fans on the eve of Mother’s Day. In total 9 hashtags trended on the Indian Twitter charts throughout the weekend. While Facebook was used to create some interesting apps which we shared yesterday, Twitter was all about simple contests and getting fans to talk about them. And fans had no reason to complain with a chance to win gift hampers, while brands were able to trend their hashtags and also increase the number of followers.
The nine hashtags that we followed on Twitter for Mother’s Day are listed below:
1. #OnlymomCan by Jabong: The hashtag which was started this Friday by the ecommerce brand Jabong, is still trending even though the contest is over. The brand that has more than 16K followers, asked them to tell what #OnlyMomCan do and interesting tweets won hampers.
Mother’s Day is around the corner & we want you to tell us everything #OnlyMomCan do!Your could win something special for your mom today
— Jabong.com (@JabongIndia) May 10, 2013
2. #ChefMum by GoodFood Mag India: The hashtag was launched by GoodFood Mag India. The international food magazine which has more than 2K followers asked twitteraties what is the favorite dish by #ChefMum with exciting prizes to be won.
— GoodFood Mag India (@GoodFoodMagIn) May 10, 2013
3. #Mommism by Kama Jewellery: The hashtag which trended throughout Saturday was started by Kama Jewellery. The brand with more than 1K followers asked to share their mother’s wisecracks that they remember. The best tweets had a chance to win exclusive pendants from the brand.
— Kama Jewellery (@KamaJewellery) May 10, 2013
4. #500kMomStories by Indiatimes Shopping: Ecommerce brand, Indiatimes Shopping started the hashtag where twitteraties had to ask their friends the fun times they have shared with their mom. #500kMomStories that trended on Saturday was offering cool mobile phones to some of the interesting tweets.
— Indiatimes Shopping (@ShopIndiatimes) May 10, 2013
5. #MomKiDaant by Cbaazar Fashion Friend: The hashtag that was trending on Saturday, was started by the fashion brand Cbaazar Fashion Friend. The brand which has more than 1K followers trended #MomKiDaant but was running a quiz contest related to its website. So to answer the questions twitteraties had to visit the website. The right answers got gift hampers to surprise their mom. Smart contest!
10 lucky tweeps will win vouchers to shop from our website Cbazaar dot in. Get ready to win a surprise for your Mother. #MomKiDaant
— CbazaarFashionFriend (@CbazaarFashion) May 11, 2013
6. #ThingsMyMomSays by Phoneix Marketcity: Launched by Phoneix Marketcity, the hashtag took no time to trend. The brand asked people on Twitter to share some of the witty lines or dialogues said by their mom. The best ones stood a chance to win a meal for two at selected avenues.
— Phoenix Marketcity(@MarketcityKurla) May 11, 2013
7. #1ThingIlearnFromMyMom by Max Bupa: Max Bupa joined the party to trend itself and it is trending as I write this article. The brand asked twitteraties to share the most important thing they learnt from their mothers as moms are the best teachers. The best tweets stood a chance to win gift hampers.
— Max Bupa (@MaxBupa) May 12, 2013
8. #MomMadeFoodIs by Oleev Oil: Oleev Oil which has 453 followers started its hashtag yesterday and began trending too. The brand asked people to tweet about #MomMadeFoodIs and 3 tweeps stood a chance to win gift hampers.
Want to win a special kitchen hamper for you mother? Follow us and tweet with #MomMadeFoodIs. Total 3 HAMPERS to be won!
— Oleev (@OleevOil) May 12, 2013
9. #MicromaxSuperMom by Micromax Mobile: The Indian mobile brand asked twitteraties to share amazing snaps of their super mom and creative snaps stood a chance to win a brand new Canvas mobile. The brand that has more than 11K followers had its hashtag trended in no time.
— sweetannu (@anahitairani1) May 12, 2013
As you can see, Twitter has been a clear choice in terms of a platform for running contests and engaging with fans. My favorite is definitely #MicromaxSuperMom for making fans scratch their creative cells. This isn’t a comprehensive list so do share any hashtag that we might have missed out. However, we have accounted only the hashtags that have trended the entire day.
Image Courtesy: http://palliumindia.org
Author: Prasant Naidu